Digital Marketing Weekly Review 11 is a weekly recap of all the important campaigns & news from the digital marketing industry.
- Windsor’s Chips is a new premium gourmet chips manufacturing company in Australia. In order to position the brand, Windsor’s teamed up with IKON Communications group in Sydney to create an animated series of comedic micro-soap opera clips. The idea behind the concept was to bring the brand characters into life in a way it’s quirky while carefully incorporating the product into the ad without the comedy insulting the product but complementing it. The same concept can be seen on their Facebook page as well. By the fan comments on their page, the fans seem to be extremely satisfied with Windsor’s products.
- This week’s most viral video is Samsung’s Marvel’s Avengers ‘Assemble’ campaign’s first video; titled as “Assemble, Part 1”. The video was released on 28th April 2015, and it has recorded a staggering 12, 471,510 YouTube views this week, becoming the ‘most viral video’.
(Data Courtesy: Visible measures, True Reach metric systems)
- Chow Sang Sang is a luxury jewellery store chain based in Hong Kong. It has 155 stores in mainland China and over 50 stores combined in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau. They recently launched a concept called “The Magic Mirror 2.0” which is a combination of Intel technology and a Samsung Display Mirror OLED display panel. It works when someone stands in front of the digital mirror which is also a touchscreen –it is mounted on a wall and shows a reflection of the customer alongside an array of necklaces. Customers tap on a necklace to ‘try’ it, and the necklace is superimposed on their reflection.
- Google India launched a new CSR initiative in May, 2015 called “Helping Women get online”. The core objective of the campaign is to Introduce the older women, preferably the mothers (Which has been the core focus in their video campaign) to the Internet. Google India has shared many true stories on their website of women who has achieved the impossible in their lives through the use of the Internet. To get the message across social networks, Google India has claimed the hashtag #TogetherOnline which can be used to join the conversation. The first campaign video titled as “#TogetherOnline: First Day” was released on May 18th and has over 1 million views on YouTube. The video resembles the feelings and the connection between the daughter’s first day at School and the first time her mother experienced the Internet. Just like her mother has been there on her first day at school to guide her, Google gives out a strong message to the younger generation to guide and encourage mothers and preferably other older women to benefit from the Internet.
- To launch Mercedes-Benz’s newest high performance car, the Mercedes-AMG GT, BBDO China (Top creative agency in China) developed an innovative campaign to ignite the driving passions of sports car enthusiasts who wouldn’t typically consider a Mercedes- Benz. The campaign strategy positions the Mercedes-AMG GT as a high-performance car that’s meant to be experienced, not just shown off with its newest YouTube video.
Until next week !!
“Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.”
~ Winston Churchill