“Social Media Review: Is Man KIND? ” is the Weekly Digital Marketing Review by SocialMedia.lk. It’s a weekly recap of all the important campaigns & news from the digital marketing industry.
- Firstcry.com is India’s largest online shopping store for kids & baby products. They’ve created an ad series featuring the world famous Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan. The creative idea is “Bachchon Ki Shopping, Bachchon Ka Khel Nahin” (Children’s shopping is no child’s play). The creative idea is being communicated to the viewers in a relatable manner using various creative executions.
- Paper Boat Drinks, a subsidiary of Hector Beverages, has launched a campaign #FloatABoat to welcome the monsoon in India this year. The social media campaign conceptualised by Karishma Lintas is committed to treat the social media users with joyful childhood memories related to monsoons- The Paper Boat. It questions, how many adults actually remember all the folds to make a paper boat. It’s an engaging Social media campaign that is being driven by a positive reinforcement (For every paperboat upload, Rs. 20 will be donated to less fortunate children’s education). The campaign is ongoing and so far, the engagement levels of users are good.
Fan tweet 01
— Sharell Cook (@AboutIndia) July 16, 2015
Fan tweet 02
Fan tweet 03
— Protsahan (@NGOProtsahan) July 11, 2015
- BBH Asia Pacific has created a short film based on a true story of a destitute student to highlight the cause of NTUC Income’s (An Singaporean Insurance company) CSR arm, Orange Aid that supports underprivileged children and youth in Singapore. The short film, ‘Last Day of School’ specifically targets the Orange Aid Future Development Programme that supports students from low-income families who are most likely to forego primary education only in favour of entering the workforce to support their families. The goal of the CSR is to fund those students and encourage them to pursue higher studies.
- Airbnb aired its newest campaign “Is Mankind?” during the presentation of an Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly (ESPY) award to Caitlyn Jenner on July 15th. The digital copy, the extended version of the ad was published on July 14th through Airbnb’s official YouTube channel. The new campaign challenges the seeming unkindness of mankind by encouraging the public to see others’ points of views, tastes and dreams and it asks the viewers “Is Man KIND?”.
- This week’s most viral video is Always’s ‘Unstoppable’. This commercial is an extension to their ongoing campaign “#LikeaGirl”. It gives out a strong message that Girls are meant to do great things if they aren’t being restrained by society’s norms. The video encourages younger girls to break out of their comfort zones and look at the world with an unstoppable attitude. The ad was published on July 7th, 2015, and it has received a staggering 12,201,042 YouTube views this week, becoming the ‘most viral video’.
(Data Courtesy: Visible measures, True Reach metric systems)