Toyota asks “What does it mean to celebrate Father’s day?” is the Digital Marketing Weekly Review by SocialMedia.lk. Its a weekly recap of all the important campaigns & news from the digital marketing industry.
- Father’s day is just around the corner, and Toyota asks viewers a noteworthy question “What does it mean to celebrate Father’s day?” on their latest campaign for its flagship model Toyota Camry. The video attempts to reach the viewers in every aspect possible to heighten feelings towards their fathers.
- This week’s most viral video is Samsung Galaxy S6 ’s ‘That New Phone Feeling’. The video is fast-paced, probably designed to communicate the speed of the new phone. And it also shows what a normal person does, when they buy a new smartphone. From the approach they’ve taken it’s clear the video was mainly targeted towards the younger crowd. The ad was published on June 1st,2015, and it has received 200,522 YouTube views this week, becoming the ‘most viral video’.
(Data Courtesy: Visible measures, True Reach metric systems)
- Finlandia Vodka is definitely gunning to be the best motivational brand in the industry through its newest video ad. A new 2.5 minute video titled as “1,000 Years of Less Ordinary Wisdom” features stories of people who have done the unthinkable, the unorthodox when the world was against them. The video features offbeat heroes like a drag wrestler, volcanic scientist, reindeer racer and the world’s 3rd strongest man. As for the title, the 1,000 years refers to the sum of the ages of the people in the commercial. They have strategically inserted the same concept into their Facebook page and the official website. The attempt can be identified as a corporate re-branding.
- Sprite China launched a new campaign titled “Release your summer in 100 ways” targeted at the younger consumers of Sprite in China. The insight for the campaign was that the late generation of 90’s kids aren’t making the most of their summer holidays. Sprite defines the summer vacation to be carefree, fun, adventurous, experimental and spontaneous, but instead they spend it home surfing the internet. In order to motivate these consumers to go out and enjoy their summer, Sprite came up with a list of 100 ways to spend the summer. Which is highlighted in this campaign;
- Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has partnered up with Ching’s Secret- a ready to eat meals manufacturer to launch a CSR project. This initiative is called “India Ke Hunger Bajao” (Save the hunger in India). Ching’s Secret has designed a complimentary website for the campaign which prompts users to donate money for the cause. The one minute campaign video shows the viewer the greatness of feeding a hungry child, and the simplicity of doing that by this particular initiative #IndiaKeHungerKiBajao.
Until next week !!
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”
~ William Feather