Digital Marketing Weekly Review 06 is a weekly recap of all the important campaigns & news from the digital marketing industry.
- Dove, the personal care brand owned by Unilever, has launched a video as part of its global marketing campaign that challenges perceptions of female beauty. The short film, shot in five countries and developed by Ogilvy & Mather Chicago, is designed to inspire women to reconsider their choices about beauty and question how those choices make them feel. This is another beautiful approach taken by Dove to spread the message #choosebeautiful and to inspire many women all around the world to think and feel beautiful.
- This week’s most viral video is Knorr’s newest campaign video ‘Flavour of Home’. It’s a heartwarming story of a young girl who followed her passion to the Arctic, and how she misses her mom and her cooking. Knorr surprises her with the #FlavourOfHome. The video was released on 25th March 2015, and it has recorded a staggering 4,435,782 YouTube views this week, becoming the ‘most viral video’.
(Data Courtesy: Visible measures, True Reach metric systems)
- SapientNitro has created a global advertising campaign to support the launch of the new HTC One M9 smartphone. The campaign was named ‘One life’, it will be the future campaign idea for all HTC one flagship products. The one minute video was narrated by the Iron man himself- Robert Downey Jr, implying how we all are connected in many ways and how we’re leading ‘one life’.
- Wall’s as the ice cream brand of PT Unilever Malaysia, they recently completed a digital campaign collaborating with Facebook themed ‘Wall’s Taste Joy” which is the new brand identity of the ‘Walls’ brand’. A smile, which characterises us as humans, is often missing from our faces these days, especially the faces of suffering urbanites. Their everyday lives are filled with stress and pressures caused by their mundane routines, the horrid traffic and other kinds of challenges. Through this campaign, Wall’s tries to invite people to regain their smiles by remembering and sharing moments of joy they have shared with their loved ones through the Wall’s Malaysia Facebook fanpage. Wall’s has branded those moments (Photos) and uses it on their facebook page.
- Chevrolet has partnered with Isobar to create ‘CoDriver’, a virtual reality platform that rethinks the traditional automotive retail experience. CoDriver combines a range of immersive technology, where passengers take a seat in a specially fitted vehicle and are transported to a real life environment to experience the vehicle’s capabilities in unprecedented detail through a VR-Oculus headset.
Until next week !!
“If Plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters. Stay cool”