“Social Media Review: Levi’s shows a modern side to masculinity” is the Weekly Digital Marketing Review by SocialMedia.lk. It’s a weekly recap of all the important campaigns & news from the digital marketing industry.
- Yepme is an Indian online shopping website that sells shoes, clothing, watches, jewelry and sunglasses for men & women. Recently Yepme in collaboration with Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan launched a new campaign to support the actor’s newest film ‘Fan’ which is scheduled to be released on April, 2016. The Yepme campaign is titled as “#IamFan”. It is a Facebook competition linked with a Facebook app which asks questions about the actor’s career, based on the answers, a rating is being given as into how much of a ‘fan’ the player is of Shah Rukh Khan. The best 100 fans will be featured on the movie poster alongside Shah Rukh Khan and 5 winners will get to meet the actor personally. The campaign video uploaded on YouTube has gotten over 82,000 views.
- Levi’s on their newest ad shows a modern side to masculinity. A model-handsome man awakes in a woman’s bedroom and leaves in the early morning. As we may think that is quite the norm behind one night stands, but with a surprising plot twist, the man returns to the girl with breakfast and coffee. The ad is being designed to advertise their new denim range called the ‘501 CT Jeans’, the campaign idea is stated as “The Next original”. The ad is titled as “Beautiful Morning”.
- This week’s most viral video is Adidas’s ‘Create your own game’. Proving its worthiness, this commercial managed to pass the 20 million view count just under one week. The ad has creatively captured the parts of famous footballers lives that many people envy and gives out a strong message to all the young players out there to create their own thing and become a legend. The ad was published on August 6th, 2015, and it has received a staggering 20,176,572 YouTube views this week, becoming the ‘most viral video’.
(Data Courtesy: Visible measures, True Reach metric systems)
- To market RB’s Finish brand, which is a dishwasher cleaner. The following creative ad was shot from the point of view of a dishwasher as it is repeatedly loaded with dirty dishes. The ad claims that a dishwasher cleans over 8,000 dirty items per year. So it asks the viewer if a dishwasher cleans that much of dirty items, who cleans the dishwasher?. The answer is the “Finish Dishwasher Cleaner”.
- Since 2013, Lowe’s has shared six-second videos on Vine with simple yet practical tips. The home improvement retailer’s latest use of the short video platform by BBDO NY was at the opening of their first Manhattan location. The displays brought their Vine videos to life, showing with mechanical magic helpful home hints in six seconds. A behind-the-scenes video captures the craftsmanship and imagination behind the installations.
Until next week!!
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”