“Social Media Review: Share A Coke” is the Weekly Digital Marketing Review by SocialMedia.lk. It’s a weekly recap of all the important campaigns & news from the digital marketing industry.
- Ahead of Thai mother’s day on August 9, Thailand’s Tesco Lotus supermarket chain has launched an ad with an unexpected twist in celebration of the ‘power of women’. The ad depicts the life of a parent who’s willing to do anything for the well-being of their child. Making a living as a taxi driver on the road, life is filled with uncertainties, danger and difficulties that come with the profession, but that doesn’t stop the hard work that is being put to give the child a better life.
- Coca-Cola launched the latest installment of the ‘Share A Coke’ campaign with ‘Share A Feeling’. Using the universal language of emoticons, the campaign is encouraging Millennials to express themselves via emoticons on Coke cans and bottles. The multi-market, integrated campaign begun in July end, and was first seen in Vietnam. The digital ad published on YouTube has gotten over 1.8 million views.
- This week’s most viral video is HP’s ‘Jane’. This commercial is an extension to their ongoing campaign for their newest product ‘HP Sprout’. The video highlights two generations, the mother’s and her daughter’s. The things that were impossible and unacceptable a generation ago are now possible and acceptable. With sprout there’s no rules for your creativity, the general message the ad intends to communicate. The ad was published on July 30th, 2015, and it has received a staggering 3,098,088 YouTube views this week, becoming the ‘most viral video’.
(Data Courtesy: Visible measures, True Reach metric systems)
- Rovio is an entertainment media company. It is the sole owner of the famous Angry Bird franchise. ‘Angry Birds’ is the #1 paid app on both Apple IOS and Android. Launching its second main installment- Angry Birds 2, Rovio in collaboration with Wieden & Kennedy London has created a visually astonishing launch trailer, which was published on YouTube on July 30th. The ad opens up on a tropical island where smug-looking pigs are relaxing. But the peace and quiet is soon interrupted by the Angry Birds, who dive-bomb their sworn enemies, turning the sweet pig paradise into a carnage.
- A new ad for Nike’s Air Jordan brand features the return of everyone’s favorite cartoon character Martian the Marvin. The Looney Tunes stars alongside NBA player Blake Griffin features in this 2-minute ad ‘The Dunk to End All Dunks” for Nike’s Air Jordans Super-Fly-4 shoes. Martian the Marvin challenges Griffin to a dunk challenge where later, Marvin is being smoked by the basketball player after he equipped himself with the new Jordan shoes. The YouTube video has over 5 million views on YouTube.
Until next week!!
“An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.”